Monday 23 January 2012

TAG: Getting To Know You, Getting To Know Me

Do you have any nicknames?
Not many really, Gina or G by most people or bubs/bubby by Liam as more of a pet name.

Apart from the obvious make up / beauty hobby, what other hobbies do you have?
I love to read. I love being on holiday and actually having the time to start and finish a great book. I really get into them and feel like I can almost disappear into the story. Obviously, I also love to write which is where blogging started. It was like a diary for me and just continued when I found out people actually enjoyed reading the ‘diary posts.’ More than anything I love to photograph. Although I didn’t do a photography degree (which I kind of regret now) I love it. I love the simplistic things within a photograph and am so excited to be the photographer at one of my friends weddings next February 2013! It will be a huge challenge but I am so excited.

What do you do?

I’ve recently graduated from an Art & Design degree, and now have two jobs..one at Sports Direct in Manchester and the other at Co-op when I’m home. I really enjoy them both, but am looking into some kind of a teaching or office job.

What would you like to do?

There are so many things I'd love to do..I'd love to work for a magazine company, within PR & Marketing, but would also like to work in a Primary School as that is something I have always dreamt of..(why did I not do that at uni?!) Whatever happens, photography will always be a big hobby of mine and if this leads to paid work, even better!

Tell us something embarrassing, but that you love doing?

I love to play computer games. For Christmas my boyfriend bought me Professor Layton on the DS and I am obsessed with it! I also love to play the Sims, creating make believe lives...I get a bit obsessed with it though.

Tell us a little something that we don't already know about you

I am very maternal; especially now that ‘One Born Every Minute’ is back on our screens. Whenever I see a baby I do the whole ‘Awwww’ thing and picture my life with a baby, and again, getting all broody writing this! My boyfriend and I have talked about starting a family (although realistically are going to wait quite a few years yet because we want to get married, buy a house and settle down with careers first-he also has to finish uni yet!) I get all emotional just thinking about us having a little family…sad I know.

What achievement are you most proud of?
There’s a couple of things..getting 100% in my GCSE Art & Design exam. I was so so chuffed about that, but more recently and I guess much more importantly, getting through my degree. There were so many times where I was close to packing it in, through disliking lots of it and also very difficult times mentioned last year in my blog. Even in the final year I was thinking of giving it all up but I’m glad I didn’t even if I didn’t quite get the grade I wanted. I am just so proud of myself for sticking with it and proving people wrong that I would even manage to leave home and fend for myself for 3 years. It has definitely changed me as a person for the better. (Bit emotional and carried away there, sorry!)

What do you most like about yourself?
I’m very sensitive. I always try to put others first and sometimes this gets the better of me but I think people close to me know that I am very kind at heart. Physically, I love my legs. I especially love how tanned they get in the summer. Yay!

What would you change about yourself if you could?
Physically, the area around my tummy. I'm very happy with my body in actual fact but due to my extreme laziness and poor diet, my waist is not as small as I'd like which means I can’t wear the tightest of dresses and tops…I will eventually try to do something about that this year though. Also, when I get angry, frustrated or passionate, for some reason, it always seems to come with the the overwhelming urge to cry! (Liam knows about this more than anyone!) This means I generally can't speak to retaliate, because I just burst into tears! So stupid. So I just have to remain silent and then spend the next couple of days thinking of all the great comebacks I could have said.

I'd also change my lack of self discipline. I always leave things until the last minute to complete, such as work for deadlines, which meant every deadline we had at uni my flatmate and I did all nighters to complete it in time. It is awful. Although I did well with completing my dissertation...maybe it was something to do with my love of writing!

If you could have anything in the world (that doesn't cost any money), what would you want?

Good health for all my loved ones. But also, love. I feel so lucky to have found someone I want to share my life with who makes me so happy. He is the man I thought I'd never have but was lucky enough to have a second chance with. I am sure it is down to fate and I just feel so blessed to have him as my best friend and boyfriend. (Ok, I’m going to stop before I make you all sick!! Haha.)


 Link me up if you decide to do one of these :) 

Gina xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one and will try to reply back as soon as possible xx